Pages

Why I quit the fire service...for consulting


I entered the fire service when I was twenty-two years old. I had no idea what I was getting into. It seemed like a good career choice. And it has been! From my earliest days in the fire academy I knew I wanted to pursue two specific niches - ARFF (aircraft rescue firefighting) and Fire Prevention. The last sixteen years have given me many opportunities to accomplish much in these fields.  With this professional career and growth came personal development. A passion I picked up and actively pursue is involvement in codes and standards.  As technology develops and the speed of implementation increases, it has become increasingly difficult to manage code requirements that keep pace with advances in fire protection and emerging technology. This has created a need within the fire protection industry. 

For the past several years, I have worked with various clients to help them close the gap between their technology and the code requirements. I was doing this as a “side-hustle” along with my responsibilities at the fire department. However, as demand has increased for these services, and the market is demanding that this space  be filled, I have made the decision to resign from the fire department and pursue this effort (my passion) with my full focus. 

I work with companies, individuals, and organizations that are making the world a better place through innovative fire protection technologies.  I do this by raising awareness of the fire problem, providing education on the unique solution, and fully implementing the fire protection solution.  This is achieved through content creation, training curriculum and program delivery, and codes and standards development.

If you have an innovative fire protection product or service, or a new application for an existing fire protection solution, then we need to be working together! 

www.AaronJ.org

thecodecoach@gmail.com

Schedule a FREE consultation